Ayurveda is a form of medicinal practice that has originated in India and it is considered to be the oldest healing branch of science which internally purifies and restores balance though changes in your diet, herbs and meditation. Ayurveda is widely practiced on the Indian subcontinent and more than 90 percent of Indians use some form of Ayurvedic medicine. This tradition has gained popularity in the Western world, though it’s still considered an alternative medical treatment. Here are some interesting facts about Ayurveda.
Unknown facts about Ayurveda
- The different appearances of people are categorized into 3 groups- Vata, Pitta and Kapha. People who do have vata dosha are tend to be very thin. Pitta dosha are the people who are medium build and tend to have pink undertones. Kapha the third important dosha are seem to be very strong build and are mannered and proves reliable.
- Pulse Examination seems to be the essence of the Ayurveda medicine.
- What you eat, where you live, even the colours you are attracted to can be explained by Ayurveda.
- In Ayurveda a disease is known as a disharmony (or imbalance of energy flow) between mind, body and soul. This means that your body, its organs, your mind and your mental build up – all play a role in diagnosis and treatment. This way it tries to treat the root of the problem rather than the organ or part of the body that is affected – factoring in how the medicines will affect the person as a whole.
- In case of men, right hand is examined and left hand in case of a woman.
- Ayurveda contains six different kinds of rasas that includes sweet, salty, pungent, sour, bitter and astringent.